Proof of U.S. Citizenship

U.S Birth Certificates

Birth certificates must have the following:

  • Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
  • Lists your full name, date of birth, and place of birth
  • Lists your parent(s)' full names
  • Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
  • Has the registrar's signature
  • Has the seal of the issuing authority

US Passports

Passport should not be damaged

  • Valid Passport book or Card
  • Expired Passport book or card

Born outside or the U.S.

  • Certificate of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Naturalization

If minor is applying for U.S. passport through parents’ naturalization certificate ALL of the following should be submitted to verify U.S citizenship:

  • Evidence of the parent’s U.S citizenship
  • Applicant’s foreign birth certificate listing parents’ names, with an official/professional translation if in a language other than English.
  • Parents’ marriage certificate, with official translation if in a language other than English
  • Notarized affidavit from the U.S citizen parents showing the parent’s periods of residence and physical presence in the United States from the time of the parent’s birth until the time of the applicant’s birth.


Contact Us

  1. passport book

    City Clerk's Office

    Email City Clerk

    City Clerk

    City Hall
    401 California Avenue
    Boulder City, NV 89005

    For questions or appointments: 

    Phone: 702-293-9208

    Office Hours

    Monday through Thursday
    7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

    Passport Hours

    Monday through Thursday
    8 a.m. to 3 p.m.